Friday, March 29, 2013

A Lighter and that Little Black Dress: Accessories

 Accessories at Night


It would be a mistake to ignore the power of golden mesh when you're picking out something for that little black dress. What doesn't pop more than an array of golden disco dots? Some call it Whiting & Davis gold mesh, but in the lighter world, the gold mesh is much less familiar. In fact, it's eerily mysterious. The maker of most gold mesh or even silver mesh lighters is unknown, I have seen a handful, each one was simply marked USA. That's it, all the information provided. I actually own two, one in silver, the other in gold.

Tonight is about gold mesh and the power it can offer that little black (or beige) dress.

It used to be considered square to match your accessories. However, look at Vogue or many other major fashion magazines and you may notice: the matching trend. It's back, matching is back! As in nails and lipstick match, which could most assuredly be seen at this years Oscars. Matching was present in abundance.

I say, lets match more. As in, wallet, purse, lighter, and cigarette case. Why not? It makes sense and looks stunning. Plus, it shows that you've got things straight in your life, you care enough to match! That takes some striving :-) !

Here is how I am matching tonight, black on gold, I let the gold shine through all my accessories and I match it all with a hot red lip and nail.

My accessories:





All of which fit into my lovely Whiting & Davis vintage clutch, it's not shown, but it's classic and I think you all get the idea ;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment