Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today's Lighter of z Day

It was a tough choice today...
the weather has been up and down in Texas. 
Last week we were experiencing sweltering heat (90's)! 
This week we've had mid-30's and 40's, much different than 90's! 
So, I decided to pick a lighter that has a little bit of variety to it...
except I can't decide, so here are the lighters I am deciding between:


The Pigeon Lighter with Awesome White Bakelite

Does it get any better or more strange than this one? At first I thought the white bits were glued on aquarium rocks, silly me, I was totally wrong. This lighter I have never found another like it, not even close, due to the white awesomeness. There are pigeon lighters aplenty out there, but none like this one that i'v yet to find and I am on constant lookout, this is my job.
I work in lighters, I fix them, clean them, then sell them on etsy. Why? Because I think using a vintage lighter adds a touch of class and sophistication to this bic-ish world. Also, using a refillable lighter is WAY better for the environment, by using one you are helping keep plastic throwaway lighters out of our landfills. Also, using an old lighter is very individualistic in this modern time.



The French St. Dupont Gold Plated Butane Lighter with Chinese Lacquer 

This is a newer lighter, a part of my personal collection and a self-given Christmas gift :-)
It is actually more beautiful in person, it's all in the details. I'll post a separate entry detailing this beauty later...it deserves its own post for sho'.



The Ronson Gem from the glorious days of Art Deco, this is a rare one!!

Just look at that fan pattern of gold on navy blue enamel. No one does navy better than Ronson.
We have a similar lighter available at TheLeafery on etsy, it is a Ronson Princess with gold Fleur de lis.



The Ultimate Favorite, my go to Evans and the lighter I use the most.

Isn't it beautiful?!? I truly love this lighter. This Evans dates back to the late 40's and it is very rare to find one with an unused cartouche (nameplate). I think using the word cartouche makes me sound like le douche! really ;-)



So, which should it be? Help me decide...

All comments are welcome and if you have any questions ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment